Here is what W.A.V.E.S strives to promote and achieve:
- Promote high professional standards, policies, and ethical practices among members.
- Serve the needs and interests of veterans, faculties and administrators in the member institutions.
- Represent the mutual interests of the membership on matters coming before the organization.
- Provide a forum to facilitate the interchange of ideas and information.
- Foster communication and cooperation between all concerned and interested institutions and agencies on matters affecting the education of veterans and other eligible persons.
- Provide advisory liaison and coordinating services regarding educational programs affecting in-services military personnel.